Tuesday, March 07, 2006

to be grateful

Instead of mulling over the uncertain, I thought I should thank the people who've played a role in getting me to where I am now. Nope, no letter yet, but I must pay my dues, with or without. In the order in which they appeared in my journey :

1) Choon Lai - I know you may not even be reading this, but thank you for "introducing" me to the Monbukagakusho. Your essays were a great help, even though I had no idea what they were all about! In my humble opinion, I think your experience and qualifications are way better than mine, though I shouldn't compare because we're not even in the same field!

2) Shih Chung - We were supposed to go into this together. I'm sorry your journey stopped after the interview. I think you have much potential too and you would've been great company if we ended up in the same uni together. Thanks for helping me send in the applications at such a last minute and assuaging my initial fears of all those procedures that we had to go through.

3) Hwok Lok - God must've allowed you to go through the interviews so many times for a reason like this - so that your wealth of experience will be invaluable when it came my turn! Heh, on hindsight maybe those were common interview questions, but your tips came in handy when I was in time of mourning and wasn't in the right frame of mind to go through an interview.

I know I owe you guys one, a Jap meal nonetheless. It may even be my last, for all you know! :p

No comments: